Burtonfields hall was built in 1837 by the Architect Antony Salivin for Charles Darley in an Italianate villa style, which was popular at the time. The house was then occupied by the Darley family up until 1896 when it was purchased by William Mountain Harrison of Sheffield.
Reginald embedded himself in the local community being an active member of the parish council and cricket club. He would hold memorable village fetes on the lawns in summer, drinks for the parishioners at Christmas time as well as hosting lavish parties for his friends in the same vein as his predecessor.
The aim of the project is to maintain and regain some of the beautiful features that over time have deteriorated and we hope that guests come and enjoy the house as much as the family has over the generations.